RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have just joined as have similar issues with my 04 4.4 L322. Intermittent Brake lights/ABS/Suspension inactive, brakes pulsing on while driving, prior to warning lights coming on.
Garage charged my £700 and advised changing ABS ECU - duly replaced with a recon unit but same fault reappeared straight away.
Have had wheels aligned, new tyres on front, changed Yaw sensor, measured ride height at all 3 levels (which seems consistent across fronts and rears).
The air suspension pump seems to be struggling, as although the suspension moves between levels fairly quickly, the cabin switch takes a long time to extinguish. Have ordered recon kit/seals for compressor.
The warning lights now come on when I start first thing in the morning and stays on as I drive, but the brakes no longer pulse on. But after stopping the car after a short run, the lights stay off the second and subsequent times that I start the car and remain off throughout the day - only to come on again the next morning.
I have no idea what to do. Does any one have any ideas please?
M

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had this problem on my 2006 L322. Initially replaced the battery with no success. Turned out to be a faulty ignition switch causing intermittent contact to accessory power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I disconnected the battery to work on audio and after connecting the battery back on, i see the exact same error as many have posted here. Prior to me disconnecting the battery, everything was fine....not sure what to do at this point?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I disconnected the battery to work on audio and after connecting the battery back on, i see the exact same error as many have posted here. Prior to me disconnecting the battery, everything was fine....not sure what to do at this point?
turn the steering wheel lock to lock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had this issue on Rover 1 twice. First time was 4 years ago...replaced with a brand new Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) and it fixed the issue. 6 Months ago that SAS failed with the exact same symptoms...replaced it again with a brand new SAS and problem solved. I understand the failure symptoms but what is the failure mode? What is causing these SAS sensors to go bad?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts