Range Rovers Forum banner

Air suspension, front cross link valve. Do all 2005 models have it?

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BoatBuoy 
#1 ·
Air suspension, front cross link valve. Do all 2005 models have it?

My right front air bag went recently. It wansn't gradual, it was more like a pop and the air just hissed out rapidly. My first hope was that it was a line that popped off, either at the bag or at the front crosslink valve. I heard the hiss come from the right front. I peeled back the wheel well liner to check the cross link valve connections. I was surprised to find that there was none. I did see the 3 mounting holes where it would have been. As a matter of fact, it looked as though at some point there was one mounted there. The paint was brighter where the rubber grommets would have been or were. I assumed that someone bypassed this somehow. Two mechanics have now told me that some have them and some don't. Is this true? What would distinguish between which models do and don't have this valve? Mine is a US 2005. Curious.

#2 ·
Re: Air suspension, front cross link valve. Do all 2005 models have it?

interesting. Can you post a pic of the air block?

#3 ·

Like I said, I don't seem to have one. I can take a photo of the vacant spot in the wheel well where it normally is, but I don't plan on going back in for quite a while as per the weather.

#4 ·

This part was deleted on later vehicles, I think after 2004 but don't quote me on that. As it was deleted, you could conceivably remove it on earlier vehicles without detrimental effect, I guess?

The same applies to the pressure release valve in the boot by the compressor, these are known for sticking in cold weather and were deleted on later vehicles, so I've removed mine and all works perfectly....even at -10!

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.