RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Solution Time!

I finally found a shop with the right equipment and the right people. The code in the DR module was C1A00-54 and simply required a calibration of that module (just like RoverGuy7 said). So just to clarify for anyone reading this that is having the same problem. There are two modules, on for the Air Suspension, and one for the Dynamic Response system. Just because you calibrated the Air Suspension does not mean you have calibrated the DR module and it appears that it takes someone with the right diagnostic tools to even see that, more less correct it. I managed to get it done and avoid the stealer. I got to drive 60 miles home with the DR system working and its night and day different. Despite the fact that is just another thing to maintain, I am glad my rover is fitted with it. The same corners that felt sketchy at 70 yesterday, I could probably take at 90.

The fuel trims are a little different story. The data in the module is that the fuel trim went out of spec in bank 1 at 4.69% and bank 2 at 3.91% which seems like it might be that PCV I replaced, isn't that on bank 1?

He said the whole time they had it they couldn't get it to go back out, it was maintaining at 2-3%. He also says most others don't cause a fault until 6 or 7%. He cleared the codes. After I paid ($92) I went out and started it up. I had some stuff to transfer out of another vehicle into the rover and when I got back in after about 10min, the light was back on.

He said there was a slew of other test he could run on it and that there are a number of things it could be. Are there any simple test I could do to maybe track it down? Where would any of you guys start looking?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Good to hear you got the DR system taken care of, and yes, it's a great system.

As to the fueling faults, the tech was right, 4% doesn't set the fault, 19% does. That said, he was checking it at idle, which tells you that there isn't a vacuum leak at least.

The PCV valve is located on the bank 1 valve cover, but that's not really how it works, as it is connected to manifold vacuum for both banks.

To get to the bottom of these faults, you need to have your Adaptive Fuel Trims pulled(only dealer level SDD or IDS can do this) which will tell you where you're running lean. It can be fueling fine at idle, but running lean at WOT, and many other situations. As I said earlier, you're better off paying the dealer for a diag(make sure you get a print out of the long term and sub-feedback charts) then you are putting any more parts on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
One thing it does that might be important...

If I drive about 20 miles, then stop somewhere for only a couple hours and then come out and start it up it will hunt for idle for a moment before finally finding it and leveling out. Is that common or another symptom of the fuel trim?

After being allowed to go completely cold it will start up with a much higher RPM to warm itself up and then come right down onto the perfect idle point and not move, doesn't have to hunt for it then.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
I would take a look at, and clean your throttle body(or better yet, a full induction service) for the erratic idle, but chances are that is a symptom of your PCV failing, as opposed to a symptom of your fueling issues.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am going to Nashville, TN on business over the next two weeks. I found a good indi Rover shop there and made an appointment. Rather than pull all that fuel trim data I am going to go ahead and have them remedy whatever the problem is and post what it turned out to be. Your help in this thread results in me being able to give them a more specific description of the problem, hopefully saving them some time in fixing it and me some labor cost, thanks.

I am currently at 101K miles, are there any other PMs you would suggest I go ahead and get done while while I have access to good people? I am going to do the DR filter myself once I get back.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
FUEL TRIM SOLUTION:

The shop said that they tested it and the fuel trims were within spec and that there was a TSB on the issue. They said they had seen the same issue with several others and reprogramming two of the modules with required updates more often than not corrects the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
That is absolutely one of the things that can cause these faults. When it is the issue, the adaptive fuel trims are lean in one specific grid.

Hopefully this takes care of your issue.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts