Range Rovers Forum banner

air suspension faultfinding

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Autocent 
#1 ·
Gets alarm for suspension fault. Diagnose tester shows fault C1A20-64 Pressure in creases too slow when filling reservoir.
The car do not lower it self during a 24 hour period of parking, so no leaks there. With the diagnostic tester I can follow the galley pressure.
When the car is started the pressure goes from 160 to 1600 kPa (1,6-16 bar) rather quick. When compressor stops the pressure drops as quick as it raised.
I am a little confused here, if galley pressure is the same as reservoir pressure. I don't think the compressor is able to raise pressure i reservoir so quickly and I think if reservoir was leaking so much as the pressure drop indicates, I would hear it easily.
So what is going on ? Is it the compressor unit or reservoir valve blok which are faulthy
Thanks for any qualified answer.

#2 ·
Unless you check for leaks at EACH height you can not say you have no leaks. Bags begin to leak at the lower side of normal and upper side of highway mode. When stationary in standard mode the cracks/leaks are sealed. When on the road the cracks flex and the air compressor wears out keeping up with the leak/leaks and maintaining tank pressure. You say it fills "rather quick" but do not quantify. if there are no leaks then the tank would have no reason to drain overnight. A tank being filled by a proper compressor should fill in 5-8 minutes if you have lowered your suspension or it is compensating for a leak. If your tank is not filling fast enough that is is triggering a slow error code, then your compressor now needs to be rebuilt or replaced as well as figuring out where you are leaking.

Please review the site guidelines. Please add your Rover's year and model so we can eliminate optioning not applicable to your build. Also add a real location to your profile to eliminate market specifics.

#3 ·
My 2007 hse has same fault but not all the time (it shows up for few days and then dissapear for weeks, rising its slower now)
Did a little research and you gonna have to replace the drier on the compressor, and big chance it will fix it
Only cost like $40 on ebay

Its not super difficult to replace, google rover sport compressor installation or Lr3

#4 ·
Thanks for answer
I carried out leak test this way: Car standing for 24 hours in normal height and there after a period in off road height . Fuse for automatic level taken out to see any corner going down. Each corner measured. Nothing detected.
It seems like there is no volume in the system out from the gallery pressure reading. The fault code indicate more a poor compressor
RR Sport 2008

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.