RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2003 RR, I got an "Air Suspension Inactive" while driving, and noticed what seems like almost a girding feel coming from the front. After arriving home and parking the car overnight, the front right corner is sitting 1.5" lower in ride height than all other corners, after I measured each with a tape measure.

I have the RSW All Comms, so I ran the module for codes and it only shows a "Articulation Validity Fault". Screenshot below.

Is this as simple as front air bag failure, and I just need to replace the air bag or air shock assembly with some Arnott parts? I'm hoping it's that easy, but wanted to check with more experienced RR owners to see if there is anything else I should look into or diagnose before ordering parts. I'd prefer to avoid a dealership or service center and just do the work myself once I've got a clear idea of what the complete failure is.

Also, I found this inexpensive remanufactured front suspension setup> https://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/SC/301-08056655.html any comments on using this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the airbag is leaking, you need to replace it. Have you tried other diagnostics like looking at the live sensor values? Either way, a leaking airbag needs to be replaced so if it is actually leaking, replace it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did look at the live sensor values, but don't know what to make of them.

After replacing the leaky airbag/air strut, do any reset procedures have to be taken in All Comms?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts