RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2005 RR) My main question: does anyone here have a list with air suspension error codes? I bough the iCarsoft tool, which really is great: diagnostics and reset for all systems without laptop, but the only functionality it's missing is giving a description of the air suspension codes. (it can reset the ECU though).

The codes I'm getting are "100" and "116". The dealer told me before that my compressor was getting lazy, so that's probably part of it. I installed 'bagpiping Andy's compressor repair kit', and hope that solves it, but I have another potential issue:

- First issues started this winter at freezing temperatures, where valves froze and the compressor couldn't get everything up properly, but still maintained ride height whenever the temp went up a bit.
- lately, I've been getting more "Air suspension inactive" messages, and noticed all of a sudden that the nav screen in off road mode showed strange sensor readouts every time before I got the message. Sometimes one wheel shows as if it's all the way up or down (not always the same wheel, so not an issue with the height sensors), sometimes all the wheels show the same thing. Usually it jumps into inactive in time, but on time it did not recognize the fault and actually pumped it up to off-road height while I was driving 70 MPH...

Usually it is not a problem, but lately it has been going in hard fault more often (strangely still maintaining ride height), only to be solved with an ECU reset.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like I solved all the issues before the winter starts (knock on wood):

- The compressor did indeed get lazy - Bagpiping Andy's compressor repair kit did solve the issue. I could not be happier with this simple and cheap fix.
- Only 1 height sensor broke (left driver side); replaced it which fixed the issue. Apparently the screen showing other wheels being off was just confusion from the extreme deviation in this broken sensor. Btw: as I wanted to test this first before having to pay for calibration, I made it so I could mechanically calibrate the sensor by adjusting the length of the black plastic arm (little metal tube with 2 screws through it) - actually works like a charm.
- After everything seemed right, one of the air bags popped last week (replaced it with an Arnott - very easy and great service). Now I realize that it was probably a bit leaky to begin with, which was part of some of the other problems.

Now all I need to do is make myself want to spend the extra money to replace the other airbag as well before winter time :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts