RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a "lube" job done on my steering column that required the dealer to disassemble the area around the column. Now, it appears the air suspension adjustments are more frequent, with the right front slightly higher than it should be. Might be my imagination, but someone mentioned the control unit is in and around the area behind the steering column. Comments :think:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
There is a steering column ECU, but not the one for EAS, which I believe is located in the center behind the passenger side fascia under the dash. I don't know if there is any communication between the devices that could screw anything up. Perhaps someone else can give a more definitive answer.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That said, I don't know which model you are referring to. If not L322 then the p38 version has EAS under the seat I think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'05 is where I am having problems. What does the ECU in and around the steering column control? Thanks again for helping me out guys...Cheers

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
raysay said:
'05 is where I am having problems. What does the ECU in and around the steering column control? Thanks again for helping me out guys...Cheers
I think it primarily controls the steering column lock, but it works in conjuction with other components like the ignition switch, and I think it saves memory positions also. Not sure what else. I don't think it directly has any effect on EAS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts