RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a suspension fault warning and the suspension doesn't consistently stay raised when needed and sometimes falls into access height when parked. I've had this issue in the past and it cost quite a bit to diagnose and repair. I'm concerned now that it could be a ongoing issue. I also live off the beaten path and don't have any good LR service stations nearby so I was considering replacing the air suspension to a coil spring suspension?

I'm sure many of you have done this. If so, what are the pros and cons? I would like a little extra height so that we can continue to go off road, but also use the truck as a daily driver.

I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,188 Posts
On the road, I can barely tell the difference. Ride quality on the trail is a little harder. However, I'm running heavy with Rover Specialties sliders + front skid plate. Despite having the lifted springs, I feel like I'm still running between standard and offload height. So I feel like I lost a little lift as I kept scraping the sliders.

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport S/C
9 Posts
Anybody have any comments/thoughts on how converting to a non-air suspension would affect value of an L320 Gen 1?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
921 Posts
Buyers expect a RRS to have air suspension, that is part of the reason why they buy them - yes will drastically impact value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hands down go with a coil spring conversion.

Take a look at the 20+ threads here with people with eas issues, with a ton of comments trying to diagnose the problem. And still no resolve. I personally didn’t want to deal with that. So I got the Atlantic British 2” kit and couldn’t be happier. Never have to worry about suspension issues again is a good feeling. Did is miss out on a 5% better ride? Yes. Do I give a ****? No.

And regarding resale. I completely disagree my 08 sport with the Atlantic British kit will be worth less. In fact, I bet it’s worth more because that next buyer doesn’t want a 12 year old truck with a ton of problems about to happen to them and spending 1/3 to HALF of what the truck is even worth on fixing leaking suspension.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts