RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice...I have a 2004 L322 with 160,000 miles currently sitting on the front bump stops. Vehicle was working fine when I discovered a bad left side motor mount, I replaced both right and left motor mounts and when I finished up and lowered the lift the front of the car dropped to the bump stops. There is no ABS, SUSP INACTIVE, no warning lights of any kind. When I use my Allcomms code reader to check suspension fault codes there is a single "Can Bus Fault".
Anybody have any idea what I could have done while changing motor mounts that would cause this??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Air Suspension Can Bus Fault "NO MORE"

Ok guys I am lost here, So I read the SAS sensor commonly is the culprit for Can Bus Faults. I checked the steering codes and got a "incomplete can signal (or something like that) I disconnected the battery cable to reset everything and then reset the SAS sensor (steering wheel lock to lock routine ) and it cleared the steering and the suspension fault codes so now I have no fault codes or warning lights at all and still no air going to the front bags. The rear bags function normally I can raise or lower at will and the front just sits on the stops. There is no air in the front bags at all they are completely wilted so it cant be a leak. Next I used the RSW Allcoms to check the ride height sensor readings and am now even more confused.
right rear is 21760
left rear is 0
right front is 5
left front is 17921 and fluctuating 2000 or more, others are pretty steady.

Does this make sense to anyone???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled out the plastic wheel well and found the valve it has no leaks,
I pulled the 2 lines that run back toward the reservoir and there was air pressure on both only when lowering but when I tried to raise the susp there was none my confusion level is increasing rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
134 Posts
I pulled out the plastic wheel well and found the valve it has no leaks,
I pulled the 2 lines that run back toward the reservoir and there was air pressure on both only when lowering but when I tried to raise the susp there was none my confusion level is increasing rapidly.

Air Suspension ECU? Have you tried an ECU reset?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean the turn the steering wheel lock to lock routine? If so yes I have done that.
and as I have continued to play with it now I am getting a fault code " Reservoir pressure drops initially when filling"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestion I have pulled the reservoir valve and it seems to be working properly bench testing it (as well as I can).
While jumping the terminals with 12 volts I can hear and feel the solenoids pop. I have to assume they are opening properly.
It seems the this valve is not getting the signal to open the front wheel ports?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have also discovered that in testing the height sensors by jump pins in the back side of the plugs they seem to be working fine but when using the RSW software to read the ride height and moving the sensors manually there is no change on the computer on any of the 4 wheel sensors?
Any ideas what would cause this?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Can RSW activate the front valve to open ports/inflate front struts? Is EAS ECU communicating OK?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not that I have found, only a deflate feature

1 - 11 of 11 Posts