RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 RRS TD6. We have a 23' Airstream that we tow. When I back up to hitch the trailer, then put the RRS in park, it raises or lowers (can't remember which right now) an inch or two. This makes hitching very difficult. Is there a way to disable this setting? Thanks.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
240 Posts
I believe there is. On my 2016 TD6 with the ignition on but not running, press the "Menu" button on the left side of the steering wheel. Use the arrows to scroll up/down, left/right. Go to "Vehicle Settings" and press Menu. One of the options is "Convenience Settings", and under that is "Easy Enter/Exit" Uncheck that box.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I went to that menu setting and (on my 2019) it's called "auto access height". Strangely, it was unchecked. I could have sworn that would be the setting, but apparently not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does the corresponding LED in the lower center console (between the buttons to change the height) light up, ie is the car really going into access height when you put the vehicle in park? (It normally should only go down 20mm/1in when you switch off the ignition and Edit: or unbuckle, not upon park. Upon opening a door, it goes down another 30mm/1.5in.)

(Edited: Corrected OR instead of AND, and the second stage distance is not 50mm but 30mm, so it goes down 50mm total.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the corresponding LED in the lower center console (between the buttons to change the height) light up, ie is the car really going into access height when you put the vehicle in park? (It normally should only go down 20mm/1in when you switch off the ignition and unbuckle, not upon park. Upon opening a door, it goes down another 50mm/2in.)

Thanks, I'll check on that. Auto Access Height is definitely off, at least according to the Vehicle Access Settings menu.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
152 Posts
If auto access height is turned off then it may be self leveling - but that should t happen every time you turn the vehicle off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, come to think of it, it's not happening every time. So maybe it is self-leveling. But what is that? I searched the owner's info/manual and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
240 Posts
My understanding is if you add weight to the rear the air suspension will compensate to level the vehicle

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
When I hook up my trailer, I put my rrs in extended height and the trailer is set for that height to work. It works for me.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
152 Posts
All rovers with air suspension continually self level. When the vehicle is shut down sometimes it completes a final self level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I hook up my trailer, I put my rrs in extended height and the trailer is set for that height to work. It works for me.
Is the idea that in extended height mode the RRS doesn’t perform the auto-leveling?

if in extended height mode, I guess it will automatically drop to normal height once I exceed a certain speed? And that will just slightly lower the RRS and tow vehicle while driving?

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
Is the idea that in extended height mode the RRS doesn’t perform the auto-leveling?

if in extended height mode, I guess it will automatically drop to normal height once I exceed a certain speed? And that will just slightly lower the RRS and tow vehicle while driving?
That is correct. The trailer is set up to be hitched and unhitched at the extended height level. Once hitched, I lower the RRS to normal drive level.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts