RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I haven't had a chance to pull codes yet, but I've been getting intermittent 'suspension fault' on my dash. Most of the time there are no symptoms, yet twice I've had the whole car drop and the message max speed 50kph come up. Pressing the 'raise' switch brings it back up to the 'standard' position. I've also noticed that the front (both sides) drops overnight but raises again once the engine is running. I did have a left-hand front height sensor (and loom plug kit) replaced, as a recovery man must have damaged it when I lost a turbo a couple of months ago. I assume that the two are unrelated.

Given that two corners are being affected by the overnight drop, is it likely to be a valve that's faulty?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Your front struts are most likely leaking which is over working your compressor. The max speed message is the EAS shutting itself down to prevent further damage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it likely that they would both fail at the same time? I have just checked the codes (with 2 generic readers) and it shows no temporary or permanent codes.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Leaks don;t log codes as the bladders have no sensors and OBD readers are unable to check sub systems. It takes a dedicated reader to check the EAS ECU.

Since you are dropping over night the air is going somewhere. While driving the bags flex and the age cracks in the bags leak, EAS is shutting down to keep from burning out the compressor.

Very likely they have both finally simply aged out. It's not a failure so much as old and worn out. Bladders are a wear item just like tyres and brakes. They are 10 years old and one of them has most likely been leaking for longer than the other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is slightly strange that on a couple of occasions, the front of the car hasn't dropped overnight (once for two straight days). When we originally pulled the codes, we found C1A07-62 cross articulation, C1130-7a air spring supply and C1130-66 same. Since clearing the codes, I only get C1130 now after a fault warning light. I guess it's time to get the leak detector out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts