RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a loud hissing noise coming from my drivers front strut area and for maybe a week before some deflating issues. So i replaced both front air struts with new ones 2 weeks ago. My drivers one was a stock delphi and the passenger one was a Arnot one. The air bags looked old and worn. I kept them just in case. Anyway my new front drivers strut is doing the same thing after 3 days of driving fine. Loud hissing noise and deflating. I started up now and as it tries to fill you can hear the air pulse hissing like its trying to fill. Could it be just a bad hose connection? i'm gonna take it apart tomorrow to check. What should i look for?

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Check if the top of the strut nut is properly torqued, this keeps pressure inside the bag. Also use a stethoscope to locate what area the hissing is coming from and to determine whether it is a line, or possibly the valve block.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
could also be a hose... There is a cross over tube under the battery. If the battery has every leaked any acid it can drip down on the cross over and put a couple of pin size holes in it. Also a bottle of soapy water, spray it all over and watch for the bubbles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If both the front shocks are low, likely its the front air suspension valve block. If the problem is with only one air shock, that goes back to the hose which connects the nut to the air shock.

It’s highly likely the nut that connects to the hose and shock is the issue. I purchased two new Arnott struts a few months ago due to trying to fix my EAS. Come to find out there was nothing wrong with my shocks. Anyway... after replacing my front air shocks with brand new from Arnott, my front passenger would be on the bump stop in the morning. Contacted Arnott and sent me another brand new air strut and no more issues. I didn’t have a bad bag, but a faulty nipple/connection, causing all the air to leak at night. Sucks I had to complete the install twice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts