RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here, but know that there are tons of "air susp inactive" threads, and still decided to start another one...

It has been very cold here in Finland for some time now. Temperatures are way below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. My 2002 RR HSE stood a couple of days outside, and then when my wife took it a couple of miles to the mall and back, she complained about an extremely rough ride. I took a look, and both front and rear springs were as low as they go. About three fingers from wheel to fender. I have had the same thing once in one corner, and it turned out to be a code about wheel synchronizing or something like that. But what could cause both same side springs to sink at the same time?

My dear wife didn't notice if the wheels were low when she left, but said that it was easier to get on the seat than normal, and that the ride was harsh right from the beginning. The vehicle was parked on an uneven ground, drivers side on a snowbank. And I think that the battery is pretty much done it's job. It has been low on power many times, once I had to reprogram the key fob. Could the battery be the cause of the problem? And any ideas how to fix this?

I'we tried to take the battery cables off and touch them together and then after reattaching them turn the steering wheel from one end to the other. Nothing happened. Any advice would be good, 'cos the local dealer is expensive even if he couldn't solve the problem. Happened a few times before...

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Very common. Orings shrink and leak there is nothing that can be done if you are parked outside in low temps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved! There was ice in the system witch together with parking for several days in the cold drivers side wheels higher than the other side resulted to flat bags. Now the lines have been blown dry and ice out of them and no leakages were found (in a warm garage at least). The mechanic who has a thing for Strange Rovers and a new one himself said that the moisture tends to get into the system and that is just one of the things these cars do. Among many others. He also said that the same issue is big in Audi Q7s but owners of them never admit that there might be some technical design faults in their cars. Because Audis are so great `)! Don't know if I got some invalid or pensioner discount but the whole operation did cost only 40€ witch is the normal price of just clearing the codes. Good job!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
What exactly is the system you have mentioned to have dried out the 'ice'? are you talking about the valve block? drier? compressor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the mechanic said just that there was moisture and ice all over the suspension system. At least in the valve block because the other side was stuck low and couldn't lift up. He told me that it wouldn't have happened if there was no moisture there. I'm sorry that my English isn't good enough to write exactly what he told me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts