RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has had their air springs covered under the CPO warranty. My dealership is quoting me 2700 plus tax to replace both sides (parts and labor) and says they are not covered.

I did a search but nothing came up.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
just recently had both my front air struts replaced about a month apart under my extended factory warranty.. must be careful bc everytime i come in for an issue i get the " Ill have to check if thats covered under your specific warranty".. apparently they have 3 different extended factory warrantys.. i will try to find my service invoice to see the details

ps - beware of $100 disposal fee everytime you get serviced under warranty..

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
434 Posts
I'd ask for copy of warranty wording - it should be clear if air springs are covered or not. If not, I'd look at getting a set from Atlantic British (arnot) and any competent suspension shop should be able to fit them - just make sure their diagnostic tool can reset the height correctly afterwards ...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone for your help. A few things seem off to me.

A) This diagnosis was made quite quickly so there is a chance the dealership could be wrong.

B) I can get the air struts at a very competitive price elsewhere from a Canadian LR dealership so I'm wondering why I'm being quoted a price of over 2500 to replace both sides. How long do these replacements take anyway? I can see it taking awhile but can it really take enough time to eat up over 1000 dollars worth of labour time?

Like Umberto recommended, I'll try the re-calibration of the EAS system before budgeting for the struts and go from there. Here's hoping it's just a calibration issue and not a leaking air bag.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Struts are a very grey area with some warranties. They are a wear item like brakes and tyres and pigeon holed as such by most warranty companies. If you have an inclusive warranty with struts listed you will be fine. If your warranty is a broad form major component warranty you will most likely be out of luck. Not all dealer warranties are the same... even with CPO status.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree but I'm at a cross roads due to the way I've been treated and this is no complaint by far. My dealership has been outstanding in handling all of my warranty claims without so much as a hiccup at the issues I've had with the truck. We are at the 20k mark as far as expenses go and they still honor the warranty like no other dealership I've ever dealt with. From what I've read here and other forums with other brands, a lot of dealerships try to avoid and get out of honoring a claim so to have been treated so well leaves me with a loyalty issue in that for the warranty repairs that have been done and honored, to charge a relatively small amount seems reasonable. That said, business is business and perhaps, if it will help me negotiate a lower cost, it's worth questioning.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Can...

First of all...it's worth testing what they say is failing? Is it that your airbags are leaking or that the rebound rate on the springs is now causing the RRS to bounce when it hits a bump? How many miles/kilometers do you have now?

I guess you have issues with import taxes on U.S. purchased items...but you could compare the prices with Atlantic British to have another data point.

At $350-$400 per corner for parts, 1 hour of labor per corner, plus 1 hour for ride height calibration...I think you should be well below CAD 2700.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
...... If not, I'd look at getting a set from Atlantic British (arnot) and any competent suspension shop should be able to fit them ...
Not sure how the Arnot version of the LR struts are, but I lost faith in them with my Mercedes. They would "bind" over time, and cause a tapping noise when turning, I went through 3 sets. Even though each time they were covered under warranty, I incurred labor costs. I ended up throwing them away and going back to OEM and been fine ever since.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Not sure how the Arnot version of the LR struts are, but I lost faith in them with my Mercedes. They would "bind" over time, and cause a tapping noise when turning, I went through 3 sets. Even though each time they were covered under warranty, I incurred labor costs. I ended up throwing them away and going back to OEM and been fine ever since.
When I replaced mine, Arnott was only making the fronts, not the rears I believe, so I decided to go with all 4 from the same source...I didn't want to mix Arnott with AB's... Rumour was, they are good quality for P38's...but I had no experience on the RRS. I've got almost 45K on this new set, and they're working perfectly.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Funny, my service advisor was just telling me about this. He said he had to argue with some others persons LR CPO warranty to get them to cover her air struts. He said he had no problems with the LR extended warranty (I need to have another one changed soon).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts