RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am new P38 owner. I bought my car month ago. Soon I did find out that there is leak in suspension system causing some problems. I did soap-water test while changing from winter to summer tires this week (spring in little late here in Finland) and only leak is in left rear air spring air hose connection. All air springs has been replaced by previous owner and look like new. With good luck all I have to do is push air hose in properly (I will probably replace o-rings and trim air hose end anyway).

All instructions that I found from internet tells to do air line work trough small (and dirty) gap between frame and body. I want to do it in free space, without pushing all dirt from body and frame to connection...

Question is: how much air hose there is available to pull out if I remove (and install) air spring while air hose is attached to it?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Not enough.... you can not remove the bag with the line attached. Rear bags are a pain to get sealed due to the space limitation. You will need to clean the area prior to releasing the air line. Once the air line is out you can remove the bag and replace the orings, OR a bent paper clip can be used to remove the orings and replace them. I actually use a dental pick, but not many people have those laying around in their tool boxes.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
768 Posts
You’ve got the right idea, push it in first in case it’s not seated properly, otherwise as you said, replace Orings, trim the pipe very slightly,, not the best of LRs designs giving less than 10mm to work with, but not as bad as some things I’ve worked on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts