RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something that can be cheaply fixed by putting in a new seal? Can anyone help by looking at the picture? There are bubbles forming at the top after spraying some soapy water as described in the forum tips!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, do I just pull up and disconnect the hose? anything to be careful about?

I noticed the metal ring is a bit raised not sure if this is normal.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Do yourself a favor and do some reading on here. Search, read. Search, read.
Read the main site.
Download rave and read what you need.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
And no...you need to push down on the collet first with a screwdriver or something, then pull up on the pipe.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
There's 2 orings under that collet.
Replace them with new as you would do with on the Valve Block

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Original air bags have been good so far, 120K miles now and the front is starting to drop.

When I press down on the collet and get the hose off can you see the O-rings your talking about or do I have to open up the air dryer?

I read that you can twist the top off, is that correct?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make yourself or find a crochet hook to pull the metal collet out and then you will be able to remove the O rings in the same way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can the slow leaking Air Dryer be the cause of my front dropping? The rears stay up just fine.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
medcapequip said:
Can the slow leaking Air Dryer be the cause of my front dropping? The rears stay up just fine.
no, the air dryer is only pressurized when the compressor runs, and the solenoids isolate each spring. the spring, airline orings, or solenoid orings only will cause lowering (if it's a leak)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts