Range Rovers Forum banner

air intake opening Fake!!!! really !!!!!!

14K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  ithinkmac 
#1 ·
i just watched a review for RRS on youtube ... and he is said that the biggest defect in it... is the cheap FAKE air intake, which are from plastic and look like cheap old car tunning!!!!! which is not appropriate from big luxurious car and cost > 80 k

is this real???????? :crybaby2:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

Vehicle Car Technology Gadget Concept car

See less See more
#2 ·
At least they didn't do bogus ram air or the round holes on the side ala buick infinity et al to designate how many cylinders you are running. fwiw, the intake setup is pretty well designed if you look under the hood. Especially if you are going to be doing any high water fording.

#3 ·
No, they are not real. The air intakes are under the hood at the top but not connected to the hood vents.

#5 ·
The Bonnet and the side vents are only "decoration".
I am sure, the car would be smarter looking without, but stil it is one of the best Looking cars for me...., so i am happy to get mine soon.

I orderd a dark colour and will paint them fully Black, so they are not dominating the design....

#9 ·
They all Fake.
I checked the bonnet, no holes, only to fix that decoration, same for the side vents.

But still a nice Car and I oredered one for September, first i change the bonnet to the FFRR Version... ;-)
But anyway, at my 2012 RRS is also one side vent Fake... ;-)

#11 ·
I don't mind the fake intakes. It keeps the "look" of a Range Rover that everyone is used to, but now allows for deeper wading since they moved the actual intakes (vertically) to the top of the hood.

I'm not bothered by it. Critics will try and point everything out... I look at it as being well-informed. Ha!

#13 ·
#17 ·
Sorry, good ideas but its still working like on the FFRR, the Air comes from the inner Engine room and over the front headlights, but not from the hood-vent and not from the side-vent.

Please see the hood from an RRS to understand finally.

View attachment 62265 View attachment 62273 View attachment 62281

Best,
René-Ludwig
Great pictures.

Like I said previously, although the air vents are purely aesthetic, I'm glad they didn't get rid of them. They are definitely a Range Rover signature...

#24 ·
I wonder if the V8SC has the same hood as the V6SC. Anybody with access to verify the part numbers are the same?

I remember reading that somebody confirmed the V6SC is non functional. I stick my hand through the hood opening and it defintely leads up to the hood vent.

Also remember watching the JLR promo videos where they say the vents are functional, they're not put there just for looks. So maybe V8SC is functional, needs more cold air, vs V6SC non functional?

-ThinkMac-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.