Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was checking the oil and noticed there was moisture on the top of my air dryer and around the collet of the air line..... Its about 25 degrees here. Is this normal?

If not, can the O-Rings be replaced without emptying the air system? (Cannot find my EAS USB hook chord at the moment)

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
When temps drop you will often find moisture/condensation in odd places that you normally wouldn't think of. Think of it much like the A/C lines being frosted over in the middle of summer.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite true - so you wouldn't be concerned about it?

I do have a couple 8mm O rings laying around, so if I don't have to de-pressurize the system, I can quickly change them out on my lunch break haha

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,277 Posts
You can, in a pinch, raise and lower the rig enough times to pretty much drain the tank. Then remove the line and fit the new o ring etc. Wont throw it into a fit that way, so long as you leave the drivers door open when restarting the rig, to allow it to fill the tank before any airbags.
I would not be without a manual inflation system, along with a schrader valve for the air tank, on any P38 I owned.

Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.