RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After scouring the forums, I can't find anything similar to my current dilema. Regardless of fan speed chosen, air conditioning just trickles out of vents. If I leave the fan at full blast, full blast a/c will resume after 10 or 20 minutes. If I mess with the fan speed to turn it down, the process starts again. Sound familiar at all? Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
FSR or final stage resistor. Exhibits independent action of the blower motor, regardless of dial position.

Get it sorted or you will soon experienced full battery drain resulting in a non starting RR

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it time to see the dealer, or is this a simple part swap? Also, If I can get the a/c to stay OFF have I eliminated the potential battery drain that you speak of, or is this a deeper rooted issue?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
Easy to swap yourself. There are a couple posts here with pricing and details, at least one topic has pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I found it. My inital "fsr" search yielded no results, hence my question, but now I see the goldmine. Appreciate it folks.

G

·
0 Posts
Remove fuse #64 (50 amp bugger, big red one on far right inside glovebox) this will prevent any battery drain related to the FSR.

I picked up a BMW X5 part (almost identical) for about $30 cheaper than the Land Rover part of Ebay. Easy to fit if you have small girly hands, Easy to fit (but they'll be lots of blood, scratchs and cursing) if you have big manly hands.

I was lucky, I have big manly hands and long girly fingers, so it was fairly straight forward. :shhh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big thanks to those who responded. The air went berzerk again this evening and would not shut down when car was turned off. The fuse 64 tip saved me big. Part ordered for replacement over the weekend. Excellent resource, I hope I can help someday.

G

·
0 Posts
Yep, it happens pretty quickly from a non working blower control to a dead battery leaving you stranded in 4 hours.

·
Registered
67 Posts
my blower and cooling on the air conditioning works perfectly.. but when i increase the temp the heat in the car doesnt go up! could this be a FSR problem too?

G

·
0 Posts
dsd1976 said:
my blower and cooling on the air conditioning works perfectly.. but when i increase the temp the heat in the car doesnt go up! could this be a FSR problem too?
Doesn't sound like it. Read the manual on how to control the vents and get max cooling / heating the way you want it. I sometimes find I have to switch on the internal recirc button to get the max heat flowing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts