RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After relentlessly looking up post and asking questions I finally took my 98 HSE in too have a look at it. But first I checked the info on this web site and listened to a few other Rover experts and I check the relay. Well it was blown but not # 7 but # 6. According to Thomas Dirksen He mentioned that # 6 should be blown as well as # 7 if the pollen filters were clogged well they were- replaced them and # 6 relay.The blower motors started right up no problems. Well that what I thought. the next day in the afternoon nothing again. So I checked the relay but it was fine. Checked the fuses they were fine. So I called to have it looked at the next day and what do you know they started working again.I though what is going on? Well come to find out after my Mechanic looked at it it wasnt the servo switches, a short, or the temp blend motors but the Blower Motors are shot. He said he had it going for a while then shutt off all of a sudden just like it did to me. With a tap on the right side Blower motor it would start right up but the left side would only come on intermittedly then go off. He said the motors usally would go out if the brushes were not touching and since the pollen filters were clogged and water was coming in on boths sides, that water probably got to both of them when it would come into the cab and damaged them.Well long story short I am buying a right and a left Blower motor to be replaced each cost a wopping 320.00 a piece! Boy Atlantic British is really getting my business these days but its worth it since they have everything I always need!If anyone has anything to add to this or a better solution please let me know before I buy next week. I will let you know how it turns out. :pray: Warren

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
May I kindly suggest contacting Scotty on here for any parts before paying thru the wazoo? :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm no expert, but after reading a few posts when my aircon was playing up ( was the blend motors ), I would be buying second hand just in case that doesn't solve the problem. I also believe you can use a left blower motor on the rhs and vica versa? As mentioned give Scotty a message.

Cheers
Brett

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Thanks guys, I do have the blower motors and Warren and I are working out the details..
Thanks for the support...

Scotty

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
44 Posts
WOW! 320 a piece! I don't know if you check the "for sale" section but you can usually find some great deals there, also there is always e-bay. I replace both of mine for under $100 from e-bay 2yrs ago and they're still going strong. In any case I'm sure its nice to have your AC working again, that's the worst, hot when you wanna be cold and cold when you wanna be hot! :(

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
If water issue perhaps brushes are stuck in their slides. I have not opened any to see this design but perhaps someone has. May be better to support Scotty though. Good luck.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

I have replaced carbon brushes in the motors and have left tips on how to do it on this forum complte with photo´s.
Now speaking several years later the blower motors are still working.

Regards

Jos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts