RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air conditioning turns on every morning for about 15 minutes. Then it cuts out and stops working. The notebook is turned on every morning. I have changed the pollen filters, and had the freon checked.

I know the condenser works since the AC does turn on and is cool.

Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Use the search facility and see the main site for air con problems and fixes.
Its all there.
If your vehicle is pre 99 and V8 petrol there was a factory harness upgrade and relay to ensure 12v at the compressor clutch. The compressor clutch must not have more than 0.8mm air gap between the plates. There is a cheap fix to remove shims and reduce the air gap otherwise its a replacement compressor clutch.

Des

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,407 Posts
What isn't working?

Does the compressor clutch stop engaging are you hearing the cabin blower fans stops working?

Can you give us a better description of the problem?

Is the chequebook symbol there every morning on switch on or does it come on after 15 minutes?

Have you had the fault codes in the computer checked by a dealer. They will often point you in the right direction - but not always.

Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AC Update

I went back to a service station and had them add more freon. It was a little low.

The AC works every time you turn the car on. It works for about 10-15 minutes then just stops. Warm air comes out.

The book symbol is there every morning.

I am going to take it to a Rover place to have them check the codes at this point.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
So these things happened with me and for finding the solution I got the solution from my friend advised going to the ac maintenance dubai and after diagnosis, my car they said that it has a lot of dust and my ac gas may be lacking that is why it goes off and on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts