RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I am the original owner 1988 classic. My ac is now blowing warm air.My sight glass has bubbles. I did recharge it about 10 yrs ago with Freon-worked fine,until now.I bought the Inter dynamics AK-12 arctic freeze kit which is hand held and you screw in the can and press the trigger and 1 of 4 bars will tell you if you have to add more refrigerant or you have too much etc.I also bought at pep boys the values that will attach to the old style high and low pressure schrader values. I also bought Enviro-safe r134a-r12 replacement+dye 12a.I tried to add the can but it still blows warm air, the bubbles are gone now,the low pressure line is not cold, high pressure line hot. When adding can it does not seem much refrigerant is being sucked in and the AK-12 bar says I have to add more. I kept on doing this with same results. What am I doing wrong- Help!!! I do have a question- On top of the receiver/dryer where there is the sight glass there is another valve what is it for-somebody told me to add the refrigerant there??? Thanks all of your help.

·
Registered
334 Posts
When adding can it does not seem much refrigerant is being sucked in and the AK-12 bar says I have to add more. I kept on doing this with same results.
Is the can being drained?
If no, then you maybe are not connecting up the can correctly with the recharge valve.
If yes, then you have a leak in your refrigerant lines, or one of the AC components. If you are the original owner, have any of the O rings at the joints been replaced? They have perhaps dried out and cracked and your refrigerant is being vented to the atmosphere.
J

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Don't know about an '88 but on a '93 there is a manual tap valve behind the filling port that has to be opened or no refrigerant goes in. This is on the version that has the ports on the back of the compressor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts