RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I recently read on the forum about Bulletin 0010 this was issued by Land Rover in Oct. 1999 with regards to Air Con. not working as it should, customers were complaining that the Air Con. would work for a short time and then show the open book symbol, by all accounts Land Rover found that this was due to insufficient voltage at the compressor and introduced a wiring loom and resistor to over come this problem, it seems however it was down to the Main Dealer to instigate this work, time allowed for this was 1.10 hrs the work involved connections to the under side of the fuse box, connections to the trinary pressure switch which is behind the front bumper, and connection to the alternator, all in 1.10hrs then don’t forget the system has to be checked out to make sure that it is in good working order, also if the clutch is worn due to low voltage this also needs to be changed, How many Main Dealers would instigate this work ??? I bought my vehicle in 2000 and have not had my Air Con. working for more than one month during the last nine years, the Main Dealers have looked at it at least three times but all they do is clear the faults, the Air con. Guy has looked at it five times changed a couple of switches, and applied voltage direct to the compressor and of cause assumed as it was working it was not the problem, I have been in touch with Land Rover but get the same old response THE VEHICLE IS TO OLD. But it was not to old when I first complained about the fault in 2000 was it.!!!
Land Rover did point out that this Bulletin was for Main Dealers only and not for general consumption I wonder why. I look forward to your comments on this matter.
Best Regards sillyboy East London

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had a problem with my AC not working consistently, turned out to be a dead trinarry switch, I have not had the clutch upgrade wiring loom, also there are a couple shims you can remove between the clutch and the compressor to reduce the gap. With regards to you attempting to get land rover to fix the problem under warranty I don’t think they will do it with faults like these even when the vehicle is still under warranty the normally give you a thousand excuses why it can’t be done and why it’s not their fault.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
JeremyD said:
With regards to you attempting to get land rover to fix the problem under warranty I don’t think they will do it with faults like these even when the vehicle is still under warranty the normally give you a thousand excuses why it can’t be done and why it’s not their fault.
Only in Africa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts