RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start the car one day but battery was dead so it threw faults. I disconnected battery awhile am2d charged it up. Car starts now but none of the AC works. Front ac, cooled seats, rear ac, nothing. I checked fuses behind the glove box and in the rear boot but nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,152 Posts
Is it the fan that doesn't work, or the cooling part of the system? Does the fan blow air in heat mode? I don't believe the A/C to the seats is part of the regular air conditioning or heating system, it is a peltier heating/ac unit that is completley different from the main system. It's totally electric and the only part they share is the control module in the dash..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the controls all light up and appear to work but nothing works. Nothing blows front or rear and seat coolers don't work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess the major question is what links all this together? My alldatadiy shows 2 control modules for blower and secondary blower. Are those the resistors? Which one would link it all together?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had the same issue with my 09 RR. Replaced dead battery couple of faults brake and check the coolant level. Both were false alarms. 2 days later no A/C fan. Everything lit up in auto as well as program defrost and manual fan setting just didn't blow out front vents. My rear system worked fine blowing cold and or hot air depending on the setting. There is a second fan in the center console. My heated and cooled seats worked as well. Could not find any fuses that were burnt, Land Rover quoted $3,200 to replace the front fan motor. Fast forward a week and it randomly came on while driving down the road. It has worked without any hesitation, noises, or any sign of trouble since. I was researching the problem when I found this thread, so my question is it odd electrical from replacing the battery or should I plan on a ridiculous expense on replacing a dying fan motor?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
Had the same issue with fan light showing setting with no reaction. Faulty resister unit. depends on L/H/D or R/H/D for location. R/H/D is behind centre console panel at drivers left foot. I did purchase the replacement FSR (final stage resister) on line.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i replaced the FSR and nothing, still the same. I am leaning towards blower, when i hook my scanner up blower speed shows N/A. But Why do i have a sneaky suspicion to change the blower i have to take put whole dash?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts