RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so just bought a 08 range rover sport hse from auction. I had to replace the front air stut due to leaking bag and was getting the red suspension fault 30 mph and dropped all the air. So replaced the bag and hear no leaks now but after replacing the bag im getting a yellow suspension fault normal height only. Before the fault comes on i can hear the compressor running constantly it shuts off for a few seconds then back on, once i get the fault message the compressor shuts off. When the compressor is running it sounds fine. I cant hear any leaks anywear or any strange noises from compressor. Any ideas what this might be? If the drier in the compressor was bad would it cause these symptoms?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Get it scanned for faults or invest in a scan tool that can. Waste of time and money trying to guess at a repair.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If the compressor sounds fine and is running for a period before stopping, the issue is likely the drier is plugged. The compressor turns off as a safety precaution if it gets too hot—which happens when it tries to force air through a plugged up drier.
The drier is a canister attached to the compressor filled with silica—yes just like those packages with the ‘don’t eat’ warning that come with every pair of new shoes. When too much moisture accumulates in the drier it cakes up and prevents the air from easily moving through it on the way the tank (the torpedo looking thing next to the compressor). When this happens you get the yellow warning light, even though the vehicle will move up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
The drier previously was available separately from Land Rover. I am not sure if this is still the case. I just removed my drier, disassembled it and spread the silica on a sheet pan in the oven for an hour or so at 250 F. This will remove the moisture. You should also clean the filters at the ends with soap and water and let them completely dry before putting the whole contraption back together. (Also break up any remaining lumps in the silicon before reassembly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts