Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pulling the Compressor cover, there was a blow out on the Black Air Line going out of the boot. Testing if the Compressor motor was running, and it was not. Noticing anything touching the Compressor housing was melted. I knew I was screwed. Opening the Motor Housing, I was met with a frothy pile of carbon that was originally the board that held the brushes and over heat sensor.

So after taking it out I realized that there maybe is some kinda sleeve over the tubing that goes into the Blue Dryer push-in connector? I have no idea where it disappeared too. I can not find any reference to it, if it is a standard air line part, or some crazy custom Land Rover part. The tubing is not thick enough to hold in the dryer plug. Anyone have any insight? 2006 HSE

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Are you referring to a metal collet that is on each line connection for retention?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems reasonable? Do not remember seeing any metal over them connections when I disconnected them though

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It's been along time since I;ve dealt with an L322 compressor. There are two types of connectors. One is the metal collet type, whcih you don;t have... sorry for htat. Yours is the quick release type similar to fuel line connectors and comes out of the compressor itself. I don;t remember it being blue though. Has that connector fallen apart due to the heat?

SOrry I;m just drawing a blank as to which connector you are referring to...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a Red and a Blue Push in Quick Disconnect on the Top of the Dryer FC85KFVHSPP72A1.LARGE.jpg

The Blue one is a 6mm that connects the air line from the Compressor to the Vehicle, and the red one is a 4mm that feeds back the compressor head. The factory air line is too small lock into the 6mm fitting, and too big to fit into a 4mm fitting. There is some plastic sleeve that I saw in some picture showing it from a distance of a new replacement possibly.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
That's a shipping plug to keep debris from getting in the compressor. Now that I see what you are working on the only thing I can think of is perhaps it is missing the ORing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have the replacement compressor by late this week, I can only hope. If not, I'll just replace the factory bent line with standard 6mm hose that does fit in tight. If not I'll buy the X8R replacement Dryer cover. thanks for the fast responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts