RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As mentioned elsewhere my wife pulled range into driveway recently, sat in her chair to watch her soap opera and saw her range drivers side air spring blow. Nice! The almost 600 $ Arnott bag blew after 3 years on a road warrior-never off road. Of course i at first thought it was the one I had not replaced so I looked for a best price scenario and got the air spring only. So 160 US shipped to canada plus dhl $18 for brokerage. Its described as a Continental bag. The difference from arnott/oem is the 3 studs are coarse threads with a slightly smaller nut-14mm vs 15mm for the Arnott/oem. So its in. The Arnott is beautifully made but the inside rubber bumper was torn up whereas the oem and new replacement are the similar yellow material which took the short term bump stop travel without incident. Communication was quite good and the part came in a reasonable time. The arnott bag did not fail per se but the bag blew out from under the crimp ring. So maybe not crimped enough, not sure why but very disappointing and put the car out for 2 weeks again.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts