RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a air bag fault on my 98 4.6 p38 nanocom says it cannot comunicate with ecu yet will display serial no etc. Two garages with other machines get the same message. Changed the rotary coupler with a known good unit but no change where do i find the ecu please

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just reset my phanton srs light again. I had the same problem but I
1) Connected Nano
2) Turn ignition to run, not started
3)Then go thru screens on Nano and it communicated to tell me my pass bag was open circuit.
I had to do it in that sequence for some reason.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Getting a air bag fault on my 98 4.6 p38 nanocom says it cannot comunicate with ecu yet will display serial no etc. Two garages with other machines get the same message. Changed the rotary coupler with a known good unit but no change where do i find the ecu please
Possibly it is market specific, so telling us where in the world you are can be helpful.
In any event, if you have side airbags, I believe you will find the SRS ECU buried in the center console between the seats.....A true joy to dig down to.......Rave will tell you for sure.....I had a persistent SRS issue on my 02, and it turned out to be a bad ECU, not the "Drivers air bag open circuit" as the Nano reported.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Have you checked connections under the seats, it’s one of the most common srs faults, just unplug and plug in again a few times.
as for no connection via obd socket, check the plugs in the footwells behind side panels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts