RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked pretty extensively on this subject and never seem to find a "YES" OR "NO". I am new to the RR's and this forum. Always hanging on Benzworld but have now bought a 1998 RR with Springs for some 4by fun. I want to mount some 285 65 18 tires on this beast. Will they fit? If not can any easy mods get them there.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is a link on here, under the articles on the left side when you first log on that as some tire info. Keep in mind, ANY Disco 2, Range Rover Sport, and newer Range Rover wheels will fit no problem, although you have to change out the lug nuts and put little spacer rings on the hub ($20). Right now I have RRS wheels on mine, with 255/55R19 tires and have no problems at all, and there is plenty of room left too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reply. I have been getting myself familiar with the site and making some headway in answering my questions. So much fun learning about a new vehicle:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
With out knowing what springs you have, the answer is NO. 265 65 18 is the biggest without mods (other than mudflap removal). I think getlost on this site has 285 16s and he has like a 4" lift and cut front fenders.

·
Registered
95 Posts
With out knowing what springs you have, the answer is NO. 265 65 18 is the biggest without mods (other than mudflap removal). I think getlost on this site has 285 16s and he has like a 4" lift and cut front fenders.
I'm guessing that this post assumes that his springs would put him at or near Normal Mode height. Well, I mounted 285/60R18's today and they do indeed fit. There is about 2" of tire gap in Normal Mode, and yeah they rub, but only on the front mud flaps and only when making sharp turns at single digit speeds and in reverse. I'm removing the stock mud flaps this weekend anyway so I'm not bothered.

285/65R18 is about a 32.5", so you would definitely need at least +2" lift springs to fit that size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts