RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After suffering through a 2005 a few years ago, I'm looking to get back in the game. Looking at a privately owned 2010 HSE with 67k miles. Dealer serviced, only a replaced water pump. Looking to get an after market warranty. Any recommendations of solid companies out there?
thanks in advance.

DC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good question! I'm looking for the same thing myself. I was also wondering what prices you guys are paying for 3yr coverage or so as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Buyer Beware for a warranty company which will cover a 2010 Range Rover at an affordable price (or maybe any price). I purchased a Warranty through a company called "Wanted Auto". They never replaced a single issue and always made an excuse. When I did find a repair that I knew they had to pay on... company went out of business. Never received my money back. Best thing to do, is call your local Land Rover service department and ask the service advisors of good 3rd parties that actually pay and cover. Also ask if they have seen any 2010's with 3rd party warranties receive repairs and were covered. Never rely on the fake reviews online about "best warranty companies" as those are scams.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed 100%. Which is why I'm putting out here. I've spoken to a couple of dealers/service advisors and they didn't have much to tell me.
Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
341 Posts
Have your guy sell his truck to Carmax. Then buy it from Carmax and buy theirs extended warranty. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
58 Posts
My warranty is through The Warranty Group. It was purchased through CarMax when I bought the truck in May 2016, so I'm not sure if they sell directly to consumers or not. Mine is a 5-year, 100k total mile warranty with a $300 deductible for $2959. In 20 months, they've paid out just over $7000 in claims. Money well spent in my case.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
Have your guy sell his truck to Carmax. Then buy it from Carmax and buy theirs extended warranty. Worth every penny.
Did you, or has anyone here actually been able to do this with Carmax MaxCare Warranty?

I have a 2011 RR HSE with almost 94,000 miles. USAA (Assurant) Extended Vehicle Protection is the only halfway-decent aftermarket extended warranty I have found and it probably sucks based on negative reviews. The USAA Extended Vehicle Protection supposedly covers 2 years or 24,000 miles from date of purchase for $4,668.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts