RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just had some new wheels put on my '96 4.0 SE and the rotors look terrible so I would like to replace them with some shiny new cross drilled or slotted ones. So far I have searched on ebay and google shopping fairly throughly and come up with two main brands: DBA & EBC

Can anyone tell me if either of these are any good? Is one better than the other?

Both companies rotors typically cost around $180-350 for an entire set... is that supposed to be expensive?

Curiously,
Tom

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
If you are going for a slightly 'fast road' rotor, don't bother about the drilled/dimpled bit, but the slotted type actually help maintain a good pad surface, which in turn wears the rotor evenly.

I've not used either, but I have used a cheap Paddock one which was absolutely rubbish and also a CRN one which was absolutely brilliant in that it rarely shows any rust on the surface like cheap ones tend to do. The CRN ones are expensive though, about £200 for a set.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have the EBC performance kit. They perform much better than the stock rotors. Overall brake dust is reduced and the stopping distance is far shorter. They are more responsive. Aesthetically they look cleaner and give the truck a sportier image. I would say they were a smart buy but the downside is that they are pretty pricey as far as SUV rotor kits go and seem to burn through pads - though that is probably mostly a function of the larger diameter wheels I run.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I fitted EBC's drilled / grooved rotors on my jag, after a couple of pad changes i decided to replace them with standard EBC (non drilled or grooved) and found the braking just as good and the plus side is the pads last much longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts