RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I'm buying a set of Monarch's for my wife's RRS. Question is can I use factory lug nuts or do they require aftermarket ones.
Any help would be great! I'm buying the wheels tonight so anything soon would be super helpful.
Thx
Aj

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
AFAIK, one of the advantages of going with Redbourne is that you don't need to purchase lug nuts, the stock ones are compatible. We'll wait for an owner to chime in, but I am 99.99% sure you are good to go with just the rims.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
i"m running Redbourne Dukes...same original lug nuts...Umberto is right on target, that was their selling point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well fellas, unfortunately the Monarchs I got did not accept factory lugs. Luckily, the owner of the wheels was able to find his lugs and gave them to me.

Factory screws measured 1.5 diameter and the redbourne opening was 1.25".

Appreciate the responses guys! Hopefully this will help someone else in their aftermarket wheel experience. Check the lugs before u buy wheels!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Juss thought I'd mention it and have no idea if this has any bearing on anything here but there are two types of OE lug nuts for the 06-09 RRS. AFAIK they changed them around 2007 or early 2008. I recall this b/c yours truly forgot to tighten one down one time and lost it on I-78 somewhere and had to buy a new one once.

I'm apparently not the first one to do this.

range-rover-sport-cabrio.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another set back. the owner brought me STOCK lugs. well that doesn't help worth a ****...

Tire shop did not have the proper lugs so the car is sitting on their lift tonight. They are going to track down some aftermarket lugs to fit.

Goosey: you sir are correct. The old style lugs are pre 07'. i have an 08 so obviously... they were not going to work.

Gosh, the things you learn when its boils down to the nitty gritty...
Aj

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
about the bolts on an 06-09, its a soft cap on top of the bolt, not sure about the other years, so you need to make sure you use a 22mm socket I think is the size, else you end up "warping"/ bending that cap and it gets loose- learned the hard way ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts