RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the letters on 2013 RR SC. Dealer wants about $150 for each set. See similar sets on ebay & Amazon for under $30. Anyone have experience with the ones from ebay/Amazon?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Re: Afterarket letters & emblems

someone shared their experience here recently. you really should spend some time searching for it. IIRC the bottom line was that some aftermarketers will sell you letters that are flat. the surface area where they need to go on the hood is NOT flat. Again, I don't remember the details but the thread is here somewhere (or in the 494 forum)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts

I just purchased the same set, it says they are genuine but we'll see. For $32 you can't go wrong and when I redo my XPEL on the hood I'll need another set.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts

Th eBay set is NOT flat. you can tell by the way the plastic is stretched over the letters and the way the light is reflection

·
Registered
254 Posts

Th eBay set is NOT flat. you can tell by the way the plastic is stretched over the letters and the way the light is reflection
That's a good thing right RRTH? My OEM's that I bought at the dealership last month were $237 and they are convex (I think that's the right term). They are raised in the center.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts

I just purchased the same set, it says they are genuine but we'll see. For $32 you can't go wrong and when I redo my XPEL on the hood I'll need another set.

I got mine the other day and installed them myself in the garage...took about an hour but the hardest part was removing the adhesive from the old letters. The new letters are slightly curved but they are perfect for the L405...front and rear. I used some blue painters tape to make a template around the old letters...after removing the old letters and adhesive, just clean the area with alcohol and wait a minute for it to dry...then apply each letter one at a time. Overall, it was an easy task and it looks like it came that way from the factory.

·
Registered
254 Posts

I got mine the other day and installed them myself in the garage...took about an hour but the hardest part was removing the adhesive from the old letters. The new letters are slightly curved but they are perfect for the L405...front and rear. I used some blue painters tape to make a template around the old letters...after removing the old letters and adhesive, just clean the area with alcohol and wait a minute for it to dry...then apply each letter one at a time. Overall, it was an easy task and it looks like it came that way from the factory.
Nice! I haven't received mine yet but will post pics of them in the package when they arrive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well done. I ordered some for another company in the UK. Haven't arrived yet. Hope they look as good.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts

You should find the nice oval logo that goes into the only oval hole in that grill. Seems like this one comes without it.

That's correct...I don't think the aftermarket companies are allowed to sell the Land Rover logo with their grills. The OEM badge is actually easy to find anyway so no worries.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts

Congrats can't wait to see it and hear how the fitment goes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts