RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been touched on before, but has anyone had installed an aftermarket keyless entry system in a soft dash RRC? I have a 95 Soft Dash that didn't have key fobs when I purchased it. I would love to just use the original system, but I haven't been able to find any used fobs that match the frequency (315mhz) and the only place that I've found online that makes replacements remotekey.co.uk only makes fobs for the 433mhz system. For me to use that I would need to send the whole ecu unit to them to have them switch it to 433. Which is a problem as I don't believe the car will run without the ecu unit and this is my daily driver and it would probably take a couple weeks to a month to ship it back and forth from the US to the UK. So, I've seen on the forum that some people have installed aftermarket systems, which sounds fine, but I'm just wondering how they work with the alarm system? Right now I have to unlock the car from the driver side door or the alarm will go off so I just want to be check if there will be any issues I should be aware of before I take it to someone to install an aftermarket system?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
237 Posts
just use an ebay central locking kit. as far as the 17VT knows you’re normally unlocking your doors

·
Registered
62 Posts
The original fobs come up on eBay once in a while, just search for KHH 2TN which is the FCC ID printed on them. I don’t think the sellers who specialize in selling key fobs always know what they are for and don’t say they are for an RRC. There is one seller with some currently listed, but I think his asking price is high compared to what I have bought them for recently.

The downside of the original keyless system is that the range is extremely short.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep an eye out for the original fobs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had my alarm ecu rebuilt by remote key.uk for my 94 and 95. They are in New Zealand. They returned them working with two fobs each. Very good service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts