RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing in person….still not a fan of the 20" wheels….

Anyone got pics of their vehicle on the 22s? I always use dedicated winters, so maybe i use the 20s for that…..anyone got any alternatives?? Not looking to go chrome/gold/spinning 22s…….

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: After seeing in person….still not a fan of the 20" wheels….

You're right about the 20's. They look too small, and the tires that go on them look like big donuts. Worse yet, the car rides extremely high on them, so there's a huge gap.

There were a couple with 22's on the lot when I picked mine up, and the general sensation was: "Much better".

The vehicle actually looked normal. Riding at a normal height (really the wheels are just bigger). Proportionally to the rest of the vehicle the 22's looked more appropriate. And the tires were slimmer, which is a much better look.

-RB-

·
Registered
131 Posts

One thing I have noticed about the new RRS is that there is something about the new truck design that makes it less forgiving to smaller wheels... Unlike the last RRS. I never looked at any last model and thought "gosh those wheels look small". I just find the new model needs minimum 21" wheels. It could be because the tires are so much fatter. There is no low profile sizes anymore, it seems.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I have custom 22's ready to go on in the spring but in the meantime I'm picking up my ATB with 20's and snow tires up this week. I haven't seen the 20's but I'm stressed to say the least that they will be awful!

·
Registered
11 Posts

They're not awful. They're just .... i dont know ... blah. There's no doubt they subtract from the appearance of the vehicle.

Honestly it looks like every other SUV to me until the wheels are upgraded.

But a lot of people are happy with them. (fathers of 14 year olds, soccer moms, etc) ....

·
Registered
13 Posts

Was at the dealership here in Ottawa yesterday and they had one with 19's on it. It was horrible looking. Could have been a Toyota or something similar. If I was more patient I'd wait until April to take delivery and put my aftermarket wheels on. Unfortunately patience is not one of my stronger suits.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Anyone got pics of their vehicle on the 22s? I always use dedicated winters, so maybe i use the 20s for that…..anyone got any alternatives?? Not looking to go chrome/gold/spinning 22s…….
Here are a couple pics of mine on the factory 22's. Sorry they are not better shots but weather and time has not yet permitted a proper photo shoot. ;)
untitled-1.jpg untitled-2.jpg

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

I ordered with the Style 15, 21" wheels that come with Dynamic pack. Anyone have a photo of those they can post? They seemed like the best looking wheels of the lot, and I really wouldn't want to take 22s anywhere near off road, while 21s might do some very light mud play. My car gets built next week :)

·
Registered
33 Posts

in your sig you say you are soon going to replace with 21's. may i ask why?
I'm not sure if it's due to the low profile of the tire or the tire itself, but they are very noisy and hollow sounding on some/many roads.
Just thinking that a bit more sidewall might help. I'll likely just try a different tire. Will See.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1389040456.259762.jpg
22 wheels Pirelli scorpion winter tires. I drove to a ski resort this weekend total 800 km road trip. I saw 224km/h on the speedometer and believe me comfort level was amazing. My wife said it felt like 120 km/h. ;) she still does not know the real speed. Told her 160km/h. You hear wind sound after 205 km/h no tire noise. On the way to the mountain top we had snow and ice. Terrain response 2 and HDC worked like magic. I never felt this safe and sound in any car before. TR 2 really works in which I had doubts. Car switched between snow and normal mode based on road conditions. Traction and handling were surprisingly great on ice and snow. Climbing on ice was so much fun thanks to dynamic response vector controlling system. Overall RRS ATB dynamic package is the ultimate driving machine for me now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
144 Posts

I saw 224km/h on the speedometer and believe me comfort level was amazing. My wife said it felt like 120 km/h. ;)
i wonder what that is in English... :think:

Traction and handling were surprisingly great on ice and snow. Climbing on ice was so much fun thanks to dynamic response vector controlling system.
could you please report on what TIRES are fitted on your 22's? this does not seem to jibe with other reports of the RRS sucking on the snow due to the stock tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Factory 22"

·
Registered
20 Posts

Mine on 22" Rims

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts

I ordered with the Style 15, 21" wheels that come with Dynamic pack. Anyone have a photo of those they can post? They seemed like the best looking wheels of the lot, and I really wouldn't want to take 22s anywhere near off road, while 21s might do some very light mud play. My car gets built next week :)
Not my vehicle but pics with 21" wheels I have come across in my research.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts