RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought a hitch receiver and just realized I need all the electrical connectors needed to tow anything. Rather than pay the dealer some ridiculous amount of money to do this has anyone done one them selves?

I found this online:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/YWJ500170ABP.cfm?bc=ab

Are there others? Has anyone installed this on their own? Does it work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what else does the Tow package come with when you get it from Land Rover as an option on your car? I'm assuming the hitch kit ... anything else?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just cruising this forum looking for information on the wiring harness for the 2010 models. Just traded my 08 RRS supercharged for a 10 autobiography sport. I took off the rear plate this morning, and guess what? No trailer wiring. Luckily I remembered to removed the old trailer wiring harness I previously installed yesterday morning before the trade, but I'm not sure if it will fit the 10 model since it has new electronics. The trailer wiring harness from British Atlantic is easy to install. The wiring is very simple-- just unplug the old harness and substitute the new one. The hardest part is running the wires under the rear bumper. Comes with very good color instructions, though. I was also very lucky to find a tow hitch a few years ago for $50 on Craig's List, and the guy only lived 20 miles away! I'm really hoping the old harness will fit the 10 model, and that it will activate the tow feature in the surround view camera system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts