RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,, just introducing myself to the forum. I’m not a owner as yet, currently looking at switching from my 13 Yukon Denali to a 15/16 RRSport HSE (ext warranty) within the week. Would like to know if I’m making a mistake or not, given all the negative press through the years. It was either that or a BMW X6 or GLE 43 AMG Coupe. Me being 6ft tall 240lb I felt like the latter 2 was too small for me.

Now, I’m a big tech guy and I love the fact that the aftermarket would allow you to update your car when the stealership wouldn’t. And I came across this site:::

https://4x4shop.ca/product/2011-2017-land-rover-range-rover-oem-fit-replacement-10-25″-screen-android-gps-wifi-bt-a2dp-usb-multimedia/

im guessing you guys are familiar with this? Also found some other stuff but this interest me the most right now.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
I would be surprised if anyone is familiar with that unit for an "upgrade". There is no Range Rover model information provided. Their wide span of covered years claims to cover two vastly different generations. 2011 Sports are the L320 platform. Beginning with 2014 the Sports are the L494 platform. Nothing between two platforms are interchangeable let alone the same physical design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clearly that’s a typo as it’s only physically possible to fit 2014-17 models. It happens and I see it everyday. Seems that grammar and proofreading is not important as it use too. Actually I found the unit I or one quite like it on Aliexpress and they even have a 12” that supposedly goes above the glove box To each there own I guess.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
That unit looks perfect for my needs. It wasn't clear, but do you need the box in the glove compartment as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts