RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I never drove LR3 before.. and I got LR3 for loaner vehicle..

and here is few things that I have noticed about it compare to RRS.

First, mine RRS S/C is 2006 and LR3 is 2008.

Like about LR3 over RRS:

-better gas mileage
-bigger truck
-no steering vibration or shimmering
-somehow, it drive smoother
-somehow, it is more quite in the low speed
-cheaper
-more sun roof (brighter)
-easier to drive (you can actually see lower rear end with lower rear window)

Dislike about LR3 over RR3

-Cheaper looking interior
-ugly
-more wind noise
-sound system
-ugly

I was kind of thinking.. since LR4 has better interior than LR3, I should have leased LR4.... I bought RRS used.. so it could have been around same money..

I always down looked LR3s.. but after all, it is not a bad vehicle...

-ugly

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice review. My thing is they look like Short Buses which are ugly. You failed to include your opinion on the physical appearance.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I'd love to own an LR3 in addition to the Sport... Sometimes they look liked tipped over refrigerators though.

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
TripleE said:
I'd love to own an LR3 in addition to the Sport... Sometimes they look liked tipped over refrigerators though.
that and at above highway speeds, they feel like they are swaying from left to right cause they are too narrow. I've never liked the LR3/4, I'm a Bostonian/NYer spritited driver, everytime my dealer gives me a LR3/4 as a service loaner, I feel like I'm going to flip it over taking corners and entrance/exit ramps. No thanks, I'll stick to the sports and full size `)

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I have the money I'll probably look at the LR4s. My first choice will be the Sport, which is why I troll the forums.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,

As far as physical appearance...

they are ugly and hard to get used to it, but I think LR4 looks a lot better than LR3.... (I know they look very identical but different)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I drove a disco 3 for three years. Trust me the Sport is far more good looking :shock:
A lot of people (not lr drivers) found it an ungly car !, but then again i think most people are jealous :naughty: :naughty:

Compared to the sport i think:

-the disco is not ugly (a landrover is never ugly !!!) but not so smooth as the sport. Here in the netherlands they think its the pope mobile. The rangie sport is an eycatcher, almost everyone loves the looks of the car.
-the disco is bigger (i had 7 seats) thats a plus.. i heard the new sport will have 7 seats also. But on the other hand we never used the 7 seats.
-The interior of the sport is nicer, hower the leg space in the disco is more, with kids this is a plus.
-i cannot say they drive very different onroad, offroad i dont have an opinion because i never used the sport for it (not yet).

My choice will be the sport or the range rover !! but with a disco 4 ill be happy to.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
I feel like I'm going to flip it over taking corners and entrance/exit ramps.
No doubt. If you don't instantly notice the difference in handling between the LR3 and RRSC, you need to get your head checked.... or just buy a Cadillac El Dorado and be a cruiser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 08 RRS and will be getting an LR4 over the next few months. Having owned one and researched the other extensively, I have to agree that the looks are all RRS. Advantages of LR4 are size and extra seats. RRS trunk is not that big due to the slant in the rear door. Almost seemed same size as in a sedan. In terms of interior, LR4 seems better than my 08 RRS (08 RRS has similar dash as LR3 actually). I also have to mentioned that LR4 is quite a bit faster and even more stable than my RRS. I know that the new RRS is better than the new LR4, but i think the new LR4 is better than the old RRS.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think LR4 is better than old RRS, and old RRX S/C is faster than LR4

LR4 is great, but it seems like asking too much,... I drove my mother's Q7 the other day, and it was pretty nice....

rides nicer and better interior and got more cozy feel to it....

I still love my RRS, but it feels like it is bit outdated....

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
baccocafe said:
Really? Maybe the interior...but certainly not the body styling...there's no finer SUV on the market IMHO...looks and capability wise speaking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My daughter now has a LR 3, had a Disco before the LR 3 is way better on road ....but not as good off. I have had a LR 4 the last couple of times as a loaner and I really like them. Great choice for a family. For me I am still in love with my RRS now closing in at 132K miles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PJPR01 said:
baccocafe said:
Really? Maybe the interior...but certainly not the body styling...there's no finer SUV on the market IMHO...looks and capability wise speaking.
Yes, I meant interior... def, exterior is one of the best looking..

·
Registered
525 Posts
We own both an LR3 and a RRS. Purchased them both within 3 months of each other. Both cars are very much different. The LR3 is a better utility vehicle. Holds a ton more cargo obviously and the overall choice I would take if I was doing a serious offroad adventure somehere in which you needed to take a lot oof stuff. Going on vacation we generally take the LR3 becasue it packs more without having to deal with putting on the roof mount cargo carrier. The LR3 is a more practicle car without doubt. The longer wheel base makes it drive a bit differrently. Yes it feels heavier in the steering, but also makes you feel somewhat safer if you were ever hit. But as for overall looks I still like it. Looks like a meaty bastrd on the road! LOL I don't lnow why everyone says it's ugly. I think it's one of the most stylish utility vehicles out there (compared to a plain-Jane Ford for instance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVpVLH4M4R4&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKGLXnJfKwY&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QunqcDxP3Mw&feature=channel

·
Registered
115 Posts
workforaliving said:
My daughter now has a LR 3, had a Disco before the LR 3 is way better on road ....but not as good off. I have had a LR 4 the last couple of times as a loaner and I really like them. Great choice for a family. For me I am still in love with my RRS now closing in at 132K miles.
132k miles! You're the Methuselah of RRS ownership.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts