Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 FFRR, and I'm looking for the AFS/headlight module.

What I know:

what I'm looking for does not attach to the headlights.
what I'm looking for is not the LCM under the passenger side kick panel.

So, is there another module somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
280 Posts
I just emailed you my thoughts and advised next steps.

The terminology here is what's going to cause issues.

For reference:
This thread implies it's the LCM which controls AFS.
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-...22/95714-2006-hse-afs-adaptive-headlight.html

This specific post speaks about "AFS Module(s)" throwing errors making it sound like he replaced the per-light modules.
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-...06-hse-afs-adaptive-headlight.html#post707234

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-...6-hse-afs-adaptive-headlight.html#post1035866

Check that RRS document I sent you for module location and be sure to let me know if when you scan modules again if the tool sees any additional modules. The document for RRS doesn't have an "LCM" but only has an "AFS" module so they changed/merged modules.

I'm willing to venture a guess at this point there is the LCM controlling the (2) AFS modules at each light and not a separate module controlling AFS.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replaced LCM with a non AFS version, no change. Still have AFS faults. 4DCan shows faults in the headlight control module, but where is it? It's not the LCM, it's not on the lights themselves, it's not the BCM?

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I ordered the module on ebay, but have yet to find the location in the vehicle. I could use some help.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New module has arrived. No idea where it goes. I guess I'll start pulling parts off until I find it. Seems as that might be more productive than waiting for answers here.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's under the drivers side kick panel (near the hood release).

I want to thank the community for the huge outpouring of support. I'll make sure all my future posts endeavor to return the immense help and patience I was shown.

:p

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I would have helped you but just have no knowledge on this topic. Don't give up hope on the board

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I want to thank the community for the huge outpouring of support. I'll make sure all my future posts endeavor to return the immense help and patience I was shown.
Seriously dude? :roll:

In order for someone to respond they would have to have a clue what you are talking about. They would also had to have had problems with it. Then they would have had to of taken on any repairs themselves. It's a small obscure part most people don;t even know about let alone have worked on. Thanks for following through but the self engratiating drama is way over the top uncalled for.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously dude? :roll:

In order for someone to respond they would have to have a clue what you are talking about. They would also had to have had problems with it. Then they would have had to of taken on any repairs themselves. It's a small obscure part most people don;t even know about let alone have worked on. Thanks for following through but the self engratiating drama is way over the top uncalled for.
Maybe you missed the :p

Below the comment. Sarcasm is hard to gauge sometimes.

No, not seriously.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Wish I could help, but I'm clueless on this one.
And I have an '03.
Blaze that trail, Dillinger. Send us to school.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wish It has worked though-lol. Still have the light. Good news is I have IDS working, so its only a matter of time now.

To be clear, I was screwing around with the "self ingratiating" post. I wasn't serious, so don't take it as such.

I also managed to code out my faulty passenger front occupancy sensor just recently-airbag light would come and go. Very nice to have that gone. It cost 20 bucks with the cable required to do it, and took under 5 minutes. Replacing the seat mat takes what? A couple hours and removing the seat cover? PFFT!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts