RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find this info anywhere for a '95 Classic. My radio reception is terrible and getting worse. I've tried the trick of extending the cables that go to the side window aerials but no change. I don't want to change the head unit having just had it refurbed by GB 4x4 Radios (excellent job, by the way). The parts diagram on Rave seems to suggest that the amp is in the roof at the rear but no sign of it there. No sign of it on either side under the parcel shelf.........beginning to lose patience now! I can't drop the headlining fully due to the vehicle having a full internal
roll-cage, I really need to find somebody who has actually seen where this unit is on a '95.....or am I asking for too much?? Failing that, has anybody had success with changing the aerial(s) for something that's not built into windows?
All help welcome, it's driving me nuts!!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
THere are two amps, one for each side window. Follow the aerial lead from the glass to the amp on each side.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me that makes things worse :think: The roll cage runs parallel with the rear side windows within 20mm of the vehicle side, so no chance of getting the headlining down in that area!!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Then you are SOL and will have to rig up something from scratch with something after market. You are looking at ripping your dash apart, buying a diversity adapter and drilling a hole in your rig to mount an aerial.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts