RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- I haven't driven my 2019 RR for a while (but have it on a tender on it) -- just went to start it up and I received a AEB Not Available.

The exact messages are:
  • Forward Alert performance reduced, vehicle detection only.
  • OK to drive with caution Autonomous Emergency Braking not available.
Any idea which subsystem it needs -- meaning it can detect vehicles but cannot control the brakes?

Turning on and off again doesn't seem to reset it... I haven't driving it yet... will do that next to see if it needs to actually be bought up to "speed" for that system to reset,

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It’s under warranty no? Take it in.

I replaced my battery and I had this message until I reset the adaptations.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yup -- it is -- just every time I take it in (which hasn't been much for this one, once for 1st service) -- they always seems to screw something else up... last time they curbed one of the wheels. Don't know if it will fix itself given the vehicle is perfect in every other way right now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just drove it around -- looks like more than just AEB it not available, any of the drive pro (semi-autonomous and steering is not available) are also not working. My guess battery is not well given it has been sitting for a while. Will book a service...

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
348 Posts
Put a multimeter on the remote posts under the hood. With cars being so riddled with computers, if the voltage isnt above a certain point, the car throws a fit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I did -- measured 12.29V with my Fluke. That's pretty low compared to the charts I'm seeing for engine off voltage (12.29V = 50% charge AGM type battery) should be 12.77V (100% for AGM battery)

Looking like battery is bad... at the edge level <=50% where things start to get wonky.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Battery replacement might solve the problems. Better than dealer bullshit

Reactions: stemikel and Mavro

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
289 Posts
@Mavro: Had the same issue on my Td6. Camera and AEB faults - replace the battery, clear all the codes, and you should be good to go!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
289 Posts
I went with Interstate as it was the most convenient.

However, battery threads are much like tyre or, brake threads - not attempting to start a war.... :)

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
191 Posts
I had those same error messages when I took delivery of my L494 from the dealer two years ago. Forward camera module was faulty and needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
2020 RR P525 HSE
23 Posts
Battery time.. take it to a different dealer as the battery is not cheap and you're under warranty.

The vehicle is supposed to be in "shipping mode" until retail delivery, but this doesn't happen and as a result the batteries don't last long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi -- I haven't driven my 2019 RR for a while (but have it on a tender on it) -- just went to start it up and I received a AEB Not Available.

The exact messages are:
  • Forward Alert performance reduced, vehicle detection only.
  • OK to drive with caution Autonomous Emergency Braking not available.
Any idea which subsystem it needs -- meaning it can detect vehicles but cannot control the brakes?

Turning on and off again doesn't seem to reset it... I haven't driving it yet... will do that next to see if it needs to actually be bought up to "speed" for that system to reset,
Just a really obvious one, but I see it every now and again. Are all the tires the same brand, same amount of wear, and basically exactly the same diameter and rotated regularly and same pressure.. What can happen is the anti-skid sensors get a count out of sync because one or more wheels are rotating slightly faster.and this shuts most things down, like you have

1 - 13 of 13 Posts