RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a bit of research, read the buying guide on the home page, and I generally know what I am getting into with purchasing a RR. I owned a p38 previously, and loved it, I just couldn't take care of it the way I needed to, and ended up selling it. I still regret selling it, almost 5 years later.

I am going tonight to drive the vehicle, what should I be looking for on this test drive, other than fault lights? It is an 07 HSE buckingham blue, with navy interior. The price we have talked about for right now is 20, but id like to get it around 18.5. The guy keeps telling me that it's a special edition, but in my research I see that they did not make a special edition in 07, and furthermore in the home page I do not see that the navy interior was available in 07. All 4 bags have been replaced in the past year through the dealership.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have no idea what special edition he would be referring to. In the US there were two versions, HSE, and Supercharged. I do not believe they offered the Autobiography here... and anyway, AFAIK those would be supercharged also. There are dozens of threads regarding what to look for.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drove the vehicle last night it was beautiful, the only thing I noticed is that it was missing the rear view mirror, and the glove box. The bottom portion of the glove box sticks on the way up and must be forced back to close, is this normal?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Not normal. Also, missing the rearview mirror? That is weird, sort of a red flag to me that perhaps someone didn't pay much attention to maintenance.

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
Rear view mirror -- is the sensor there/does the rain-sensing windshield wiper work?

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,997 Posts
the glove box has a certain area thats makes it feel like its jammed when you go to close it,
this is a normal condition.

The only special edition would be an upgraded leather seat option ,
this you could tell by where the head rest would have a cutout on the seat back for the head rest to slide into.
This is also what the supercharged seats look like.

NOTE this is obvious if you have 3 buttons on the lower section of the console,
these would also have the seat heater buttons ,
and control the heated cooled seats

·
Registered
687 Posts
if it's a HSE there is NOTHING special edition about it, the only special ones i can think of are the Westminster , but i belive they are black/ and all supercharged.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry I never updated. I did buy it, and I love it. It is Buckingham blue w/ navy interior. It does have the heated and cooled leather seats. I feel as though I got a GREAT deal on it. I bought it with 70k miles, and paid the 18.5 I wanted too. I found a rearview mirror through ebay for $50.00, and it did have the rain sensor, but when I took the rearview to get installed they did not leave enough room to put on the rain sensor.

The paint on this one was actually pretty bad when I bought it. Lots of door dings, and was very obviously driven through thick tall brush. Back in December I took it to a car wash, where they had a little kid 9-10 year old helping out on my car. He sprayed wheel cleaner on every section of the body and let it sit. This ate away the paint, and I now have a brand new paint job on it thanks to the car wash.

Overall very happy with the RR, and hope to have it for many many years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts