RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...I am considering purchasing a 2009 RRS with 25K miles on it. Aside from loving the looks of the vehicle I am completely in the dark. Anyone of you have any words of wisdom when it comes to the goods, bads and the ugly's about the vehicle (ie maintenance issues, common problems etc). I do believe the costs in my area are running anywhere from $34,500-40,000+

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Hi;
Bought my 2008 RR sport SC 18 months ago at 34 k km. It is now at 75k km. You will read in this forum of the many things that can go wrong, especially with older models. I bought a 2008 to try and avoid some of this.

You will always get a few niggles with any RR product but the big ticket items you will experience are:

1). Supercharger coolant pump failure (together with associated radiator) It is because the pump is wired the wrong way around and works against the coolant circulation direction. They were supposed to have fixed this from 06 onwards but I am reliably told by LR in UK it was not done properly until 2010.

2). Radiators seem to fail at around 4 to 5 years age...plastic end caps start to leak.

3). The ACE suspension control ram and sway bars will go at some point. Starts off as a rattle under the vehicle over rough ground/roads and ends up with the vehicle loosing expensive green fluid and not cornering properly. You'll notice the front tyres start to scrub away at the outside edges first. In NZ this repair was almost $7000.

4). The air suspension should be good on an 09 model but some folks report problems.

My advice. Brilliant truck and you'll love it. The acceleration, exhaust note is the reason we put up with all the small niggles. Don't expect anything in the way of fuel economy. If you worry about how much you spend on gas in any given week don't buy one. Most importantly get a good warranty and consider that once the warranty is up, time to change the truck.

Enjoy

Carl in NZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts