RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm all set with the parts I need for fluid changes for transfer case and front/rear diffs.

Now, i just need some advice on the fill plug locations on the 2 diffs and the transfer case.. Also, a confirmation ont he drain plug on transfercase would be mighty helpful. Any how to's also very much appreciated. I checked Atlantic british's videos but none of them were for the 2010 RRSC..

Thanks so much!

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Everything you need is in the shop manual. see the FAQ stickie for the down load link.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts

spikespiegels, do you have el.locking rear dif. ? (wires coming out on top of dif. case)

if so it needs special oil-Castrol SAF Carbon Mod Plus, if not I use Mobil 1 75W-90 full synthetic oil, transfer case oil is - Shell TF 0753. before you drain oil make sure you can unscrew filer plug first. putting plugs beck in use some Teflon plumbers tape on the trades. Have fun.:thumb:

Buba,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Just drained F/R diffs and transfercase, measured the fluids and saw around 1.5l for Rear diff and transfer case.. The Front diff however had a tiny amount of fluid which was a bit alarming, half a liter to be exact.. Can someone verify how much fluids need to go into the front diff? Thx!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
front diff.: dry fill 0.80L / refill 0.75L.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts