Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we've started looking at the RRS, we've liked scotia gray with the tan interior. We've had second thoughts about the scotia gray as it might look bland.

We're thinking about changing (probably will) to Aruba metallic. Does anyone have any advice on this color, or advice about what color interior to go with it? We'd go with either tan or ivory interior.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Yes to Scotia! I have a 2015 RR in Scotia and I ordered this color sight unseen back then. I'm in LA and in the 21 months I've had the RR I have not seen another LR in Scotia. I am really happy with the color and it isn't bland. I did several posts in the L405 section,, back in mid 2014 about color combinations. I went with the Cirrus interior which complements the Scotia exterior very well. I have received lots of compliments on the Scotia color, mostly from men.

Here is one of the threads:
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/24-range-rover-mark-iv-l405/137146-interior-choices.html

My second choice was Luxor/Aruba, but I spent several days looking at all other vehicles in beige/tan/gold and realized that I really don't like that color scheme for a car. I don't really like the combination of chrome accents with the "beige-gold" Aruba color.

I did see an example of an Aruba with all the trim pieces blacked out and it looked pretty good.

Here is my Scotia RR. Depending on the light it can look like Corris Gray, sometimes gray-blue and sometimes gray-green.

Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,246 Posts
It's weird but to me, the Scotia looks great on the full size, but I think it looks a bit odd on the Sport. My dealer has one in Scotia in stock.

Aruba is something you certainly don't see every day. Love the tan interior and highly recommend that regardless of exterior color.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was considering Scotia Grey when building me RRS and you do not see many of them on the road but I also noticed not many of Red Montalcino Rovers out there either. At the end of the day my wife went with Montalcino Red and I love the dark cherry red metallic paint very beautiful.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Colour choice is very subjective.

The most popular colours are usually the most preferred with the best resale value. Take that into account before you make your decision.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
It is subjective ... but life is more than just black, white or silver!

And how sad to live your life based on resale and what some future buyer might want or not want ...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
75 Posts
Personally, I think the corris grey with the extended tan interior looks better than the scotia grey, but I find the scotia to be a bit too green for my taste. For the sake of full disclosure, I need to note that I am biased on this point as I ordered the corris and extended tan for my 2017 RRS SC Dynamic.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It is subjective ... but life is more than just black, white or silver!

And how sad to live your life based on resale and what some future buyer might want or not want ...
White and black look the best though lol.....you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since we've started looking at the RRS, we've liked scotia gray with the tan interior. We've had second thoughts about the scotia gray as it might look bland.

We're thinking about changing (probably will) to Aruba metallic. Does anyone have any advice on this color, or advice about what color interior to go with it? We'd go with either tan or ivory interior.
I have Aruba, with Santorini Black roof. Interior is Ivory with black seats so no discolouration from wearing jeans. In some lights, it has a very warm colour, yet in other lights it appears completely silver.

According to our dealer, the best looking RRS they have ever seen. Many others seem to agree!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have Aruba, with Santorini Black roof. Interior is Ivory with black seats so no discolouration from wearing jeans. In some lights, it has a very warm colour, yet in other lights it appears completely silver.

According to our dealer, the best looking RRS they have ever seen. Many others seem to agree!
That does look very nice. I'm planning on the black contrast roof as well, but mine will just be the lowly supercharged not ATB. Would the black rockers look odd with Aruba? Can you get body colored rocker panels on anything other than the HSE dynamic (HST) or ATB?

Every day my wife changes her mind, today she's back to Scotia gray.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That does look very nice. I'm planning on the black contrast roof as well, but mine will just be the lowly supercharged not ATB. Would the black rockers look odd with Aruba? Can you get body colored rocker panels on anything other than the HSE dynamic (HST) or ATB?

Every day my wife changes her mind, today she's back to Scotia gray.
Hi - not sure what you mean by the rocker panels, but I assume you mean the lower parts of the front and rear bumpers and the side skirts? If that is what you mean, then in the UK they can be ordered painted in the body colour rather than the standard black from the factory for a small charge. Obviously included in the ATB as body colour is standard with the contrast roof.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,246 Posts
That Aruba looks great!

You can get the rocker panels painted by a body shop. I had mine plus the front and rear bumper painted before delivery.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport, 2014 Range Rover
347 Posts
Aruba with the espresso/tan or espresso/ivory combo would look great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

It looks like we'll have the same car Hedders. Your picture sold me. We changed our order to 2017 ATB in Aruba with Navarik black roof (Santorini is not an option anymore). Does anyone know what tint should be used for the front windows to match the OEM rears?

·
Registered
321 Posts

It looks like we'll have the same car Hedders. Your picture sold me. We changed our order to 2017 ATB in Aruba with Navarik black roof (Santorini is not an option anymore). Does anyone know what tint should be used for the front windows to match the OEM rears?

I had mine tinted to match the rear and dealer said it was 20% tint used.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used 15% and it still looks slightly lighter than the back (to me). Unless you're looking for it you cant tell though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Color choice is very subjective. Most RRS's I see on the road are white or corvis gray. I wanted to be different and went with the scotia gray with the black roof and ebony/cirrus interior with ebony seats. I also like the Montalcino with a black roof. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is a pic of the 15% Llumar Pinnacle tint.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive tire

We also went with Air Blue 80 on the windshield and sunroof panes. Made a huge difference on the blacked out vehicle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.