RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 L322 - the air ducts smell of dirt dust when the interior fan is turned on. It spent a good number of years in the Dakotas prior to my ownership and as a result has dust everywhere. When I turn on the fan I smell the dust and now with the A/C and windows up it is pretty nasty. I changed the filter and cleaned what I can see. When I took apart the dash to change some bulbs I saw a fine layer of dust. Same thing in the rear boot. Basically it is everywhere and I have been chasing it and cleaning as I encounter it.

Anyone have some advice on how to clean out the interior air delivery plumbing? I have seen people steam clean and use sprays. Looking for actual experience. I don't want to add a liquid into the system and end up with mud - literally.

Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well as I got no responses I figured I would give the various internet suggestions a try.

I settled on an electric leaf blower and some vent cleaner/ac cleaner spray. Using the two in combination I sprayed and blew out all the vents front, middle and back with the AC on and then heat on, but started the process with the fan turned off. Then I pulled the cabin filter and did the same. Finished up by changing the cabin air filter and this appears to have worked.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Oh I bet that was a joy to clean up. Gotta give you props for the leaf blower though! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts