RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble deciding between the 20 and 22's? My biggest concerns are the ride quality of the 22's and the cost. I think the look could possibly be a little better with the 22's. I am thinking about purchasing the stormers.Can anyone please provide me their feedback regarding this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
472 Posts
kybball44 said:
I am having trouble deciding between the 20 and 22's? My biggest concerns are the ride quality of the 22's and the cost. I think the look could possibly be a little better with the 22's. I am thinking about purchasing the stormers.Can anyone please provide me their feedback regarding this issue? Thanks in advance.
Alot of folks here will tell you 22's are OK....however, the tire's sidewall IS part of the vehicles suspension performance....that is why I stayed with 20's.....and why I am a :geek:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Oh man.. your going to get a variety of answers.. and probably more than a few people telling you to use the search function.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE: 22s ride smoother than my stock 20's. Be it the better tires.. I don't know. But I didn't notice a SINGLE difference between the two. So.. time to research hoss.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just took of my Winter 19's and put on my summer 22's. I cant realy tell the difference except for the fact that I can tell Im more cautious about going over speed bumps and railroad tracks. That has nothing to do with the ride quality.

As far as looks are concerned, I think the 22's fill out the wheel well more (obvious), and it just makes the ride look better.

It all comes down to the wheels you put on there. Before you start asking what wheels to put on, please use the search function. There are TONS of Cats with TONS of pics of their rims.

Start here. check out the Red Rover Midway down ( just love showing off my Rover)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16544&start=60

I am running 22" Redbourne Chrome Dukes. They are rated for our trucks, so you dont have to worry about that. Paid $2800 shipped from EBAY including Yokohama tires. Hopefully this helps in your search. Dont forget to post pics of whatever you get or whatever you are thinking about getting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As far as the two different tire specs go for 22's, is there a noticeable difference between 295/30/22 and 285/35/22? I would think the 35 would be the safer choice -- but I'm curious if the difference is imperceptible, and just visual.

·
Registered
521 Posts
22's are great in the mud.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ukraine Range said:
Goinkin said:
22's are great in the mud.
Well where I live about 100% of the roads are paved so I say go with 22's. That is about the limit for me though, any bigger and it starts to look goofy.
+1... Anything above 22" does not look as good. And even at 22", most aftermarket wheels look ghetto and tacky. I've only seen a few wheels that actually enhance the look of the Range Rover Sport. The 22" Stormers look absolutely perfect though. Those are the wheels that this machine should have come wearing from the factory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for your input. I have decided to go with 22's. I have it narrowed does to 2 sets but they have different offsets. Does it matter what the offset is? Will it effect the suspension in some way? One set is 45 and the other is 55. My 19 OEM wheels are 53. I have done a search on the site and have not been able to find anything.

·
Registered
318 Posts
kybball44 said:
Thank you everyone for your input. I have decided to go with 22's. I have it narrowed does to 2 sets but they have different offsets. Does it matter what the offset is? Will it effect the suspension in some way? One set is 45 and the other is 55. My 19 OEM wheels are 53. I have done a search on the site and have not been able to find anything.
Depends where you want your wheel to be. If more flush to the fender, then something around a +35mm assuming it is a 22x9.5 or 22x10. If you have a 22x9, then a +30mm would be good.

If you have a supercharged model, then be sure the spokes will clear the brembo's.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Fatal Flash said:
i just ordered 22" stormers off ebay :thumb:

FF, what tires did you go with? size that is

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have installed 22" machine faced stormers with Yokohama Parada 285/35/22 tires. I actually think the ride quality has improved with this upgrade and am glad that I did it.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
36 Posts
Hi,
I have an offer for new 20" Range Rover 2010 wheels tires (see pic).

Width: 8.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x120
Offset: 58
Michelin Tires 255/50R20 109Y

Could you tell me if they fit MY08 RRS HSE?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
remi08 said:
Hi,
I have an offer for new 20" Range Rover 2010 wheels tires (see pic).

Width: 8.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x120
Offset: 58
Michelin Tires 255/50R20 109Y

Could you tell me if they fit MY08 RRS HSE?
Thanks in advance.
They will fit but IHMO they might look a little goofy, RR wheels are narrower than RRS wheels, the stock 19s on the RRS are 9" wide and 20" are 9.5" wide. These you show are only 8.5" . But for few exceptions, none which I can think of, cross breeding with the full size RR accessories looks a little, shall I say, junk yardish. There's other options on ebay that I think you'll be happier with.

But as far as fitting, yes they'll fit.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Yes, those are the "old" 20" 5-spoke accessory option wheels for the Sport. They will fit 2009 and earlier RRS without Brembo brakes, so all HSEs without Dynamic pack.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,468 Posts
20 inch wheels should be a minimum of 9 inches wide, don't buy any that are 8.5 inches, that will look silly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts