RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive nearly finished my engine swap on my 97 4.6 but ive got a rogue coolant hose. i cant find a home for it anywhere. It comes from the bottom left hand side of the expansion bottle if your looking at it from the front of the car. It then goes down under the engine towards the n/s. I have no idea where it goes. Also can anyone give me any advise on bleeding it. I just started it today and it sounds great its only this hose stopping me now. Thanks in advance to any replys Jools

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its about that size. Where does it go on to and how does it return to the expansion bottle?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Check out Pipe No. 9 I think that's the one Mr Toadhall is referring to.

Cheers

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,758 Posts
#9 is indeed the one I was referring to. The pipe fits into clips on your alternator mount and under the wiring harness. From there it goes across the top of yout fuel injectors to the throttle. From the throttle there is a second pipe that return the coolant to the intake.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great people. Has anyone got any pictures of where the pipes go? A picture from under the bonnet would be great? :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys people ive sorted the coolant out. Ive got fumes coming from behind the engine. smells like oil burning is their a breather at the back or something im missing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts