RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for 2017 RRS and found one with 30k miles. Clean carfax, no accidents 1 owner. If you were in my shoes what will you look out for and do you think this is a good choice?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
165 Posts
I have a 2016 RRS TD6 (33K miles) and my wife a 2018 V8 (17K miles). There was an external face lift for 2018 that included headlights/taillights, grill, bumper covers, wheels etc and interior updates that included the addition of dual touch screens for interfacing with various systems. Otherwise pretty similar. Both of ours have been dealer serviced since new and with the exception of some glitchy software for the new dual screens on the 2018 that have pretty much been eliminated with updates, both have been trouble free.
Do you specifically want a 2017 or is it just that the one you've found is 2017? The visual and functional updates for 2018 are pretty desirable and some owners of the 2014-2017 models are buying 2018 style parts and converting to the newer look. That said if the 2017 has the equipment and options you want and been regularly serviced, go for it and look into an extended warranty for peace of mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2017 CPO RRS HSE TD6 with 17K about 4 weeks ago. I've had a lot of exotics cars in and out of warranty so I'm not generally concerned about the potential RRS issues. That said, the first gate is CPO or not. If yes, you're pretty much covered. As a 2017 it should have some warranty left to take care of any surprises you buy it with. If not CPO you'll probably be at or near tires, brakes and a service. $3-5K to bring everything current is probably a reasonable estimate.

I had the factory hitch put on mine and it's a fairly big deal if you're going to tow. There are others that are cheaper but the factory one with wiring harness ties into the back up cameras and requires programming.

Other than that, my 2017 has been pretty unremarkable and I mean that in a good way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2016 RRS TD6 (33K miles) and my wife a 2018 V8 (17K miles). There was an external face lift for 2018 that included headlights/taillights, grill, bumper covers, wheels etc and interior updates that included the addition of dual touch screens for interfacing with various systems. Otherwise pretty similar. Both of ours have been dealer serviced since new and with the exception of some glitchy software for the new dual screens on the 2018 that have pretty much been eliminated with updates, both have been trouble free.
Do you specifically want a 2017 or is it just that the one you've found is 2017? The visual and functional updates for 2018 are pretty desirable and some owners of the 2014-2017 models are buying 2018 style parts and converting to the newer look. That said if the 2017 has the equipment and options you want and been regularly serviced, go for it and look into an extended warranty for peace of mind.
I like the 2018 model but there's a substantial price difference between 2017 and 2018. But I think a 2017 will suffice for me.
This vehicle has 11 months of factory warranty left. I need to look into extended warranty at LR though. Did you buy extra warranty for your 2016?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a 2017 CPO RRS HSE TD6 with 17K about 4 weeks ago. I've had a lot of exotics cars in and out of warranty so I'm not generally concerned about the potential RRS issues. That said, the first gate is CPO or not. If yes, you're pretty much covered. As a 2017 it should have some warranty left to take care of any surprises you buy it with. If not CPO you'll probably be at or near tires, brakes and a service. $3-5K to bring everything current is probably a reasonable estimate.

I had the factory hitch put on mine and it's a fairly big deal if you're going to tow. There are others that are cheaper but the factory one with wiring harness ties into the back up cameras and requires programming.

Other than that, my 2017 has been pretty unremarkable and I mean that in a good way.
It's not a CPO unfortunately. It has less than a year of warranty left. I was told that LR service is once a year. Do you know how much or what services are done around 30k?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not a CPO unfortunately. It has less than a year of warranty left. I was told that LR service is once a year. Do you know how much or what services are done around 30k?
The 30K is nothing extraordinary. Pretty much a regular service and a brake flush. I'm guessing it's $800-1000. At 17K they did a full service (oil, filters, etc), put tires on and put brake pads on. They flushed the brakes as well. It was $4200. YMMV.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 30K is nothing extraordinary. Pretty much a regular service and a brake flush. I'm guessing it's $800-1000. At 17K they did a full service (oil, filters, etc), put tires on and put brake pads on. They flushed the brakes as well. It was $4200. YMMV.
According to its carfax, it was a personal lease vehicle. So i presume that LR dealership services were done on this during the first ownership. I agree I might need to get new tires for it. Any tire brands you recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts