Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
just how often is the adv fuel / speed readout meant to update, I've had it 6 weeks, only done 350 miles but the consumption has slowly gone down from 15.9 to 15.6 and the speed has been constantly on 20.
Is it broken or am I just a very steady driver.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,229 Posts
What does your 'TRIP 2' counter show?

This is the counter that the computer uses to actually calculate mpg/range avg speed etc. If your TRIP 2 shows 000's of miles (from previous owner for example) then your mpg/avg speed will not update that quickly - as it's showing an average over a few 000 miles - not just the 350 you've done.

The instructions for Resetting TRIP 2 are in the owners manual, but off the top of my head, you press/hold the 'I' button on the indicator stalk for 2 seconds - this will reset the trip computer.

TRIP 1 (the standard trip computer which uses the reset button on the right of the instrument cluster) isn't affected by resetting TRIP 2.

Once the TRIP 2 is reset, it will take a few miles to then recalculate the avg speed/mpg etc.

Also in the owners manual, I'm pretty sure that mentioned how often the range, avg speed, mpg are updated too.

Hope this helps,
Marty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts